Instruction for filing up return of net wealth (FORM BB)
This FORM BB is applicable for assessment years 2014-15 and subsequent years.
The following points will help you in filling up the return form.
1. Every individual or HUF or company, whose net wealth exceeds the maximum amount which is not chargeable to wealth tax is obligated to furnish his return of net wealth.
2.Under digital signature this return will shall be furnished electronically. However, for assessment year
2014-15, an individual or a Hindu Undivided Family to whom the provisions of section 44AB of the
Income-tax Act, 1961 are not applicable may furnish this return in paper form. From the assessment
year 2015-16 and subsequent assessment years, this return form shall be furnished by all assesses
electronically under digital signature.
3. This is an annexure -less return and shall not be accompanied by a statement showing the
computation of the tax payable on the basis of the return, or proof of the tax and interest paid, or any
document or copy of any account or form of report of valuation by registered valuer required to be
attached with the return of net wealth under any provisions of the Wealth-tax Act, 1957. In case
return is filed in paper form, all such documents enclosed with the return will be detached and
returned to the person filing the return.
4. All Parts and Columns must be filled in the manner provided hereunder. If any Part or column does
not apply, please mention NA (Not Applicable) and do not put any mark or symbol.
5. In case of return filed in paper form, if space provided under any item of the Return Form is found
insufficient, then give the computation in respect of such item on separate sheet(s) using the
columns indicated for the purpose under the said item in the Return Form and attach that to the
Return. The sum totals of such computation done should be indicated in the columns provided under
the relevant item in the Return Form. Similarly, any other information asked for in this Form, which
cannot be completely furnished on account of paucity of space, may be furnished on a separate
6. Sections referred in these instructions are the sections of the Wealth-tax Act, 1957 and references to
rules are references to the rules of the Wealth-tax Rules, 1957.